GeNeil and her husband are in the Bismarck Temple Presidency. I told her I wanted a picture to show Mama. She pulled out her camera right then. Her husband is a dentist in Minot. They have a place in Bismarck for this assignment. GeNeil and I have kept in contact for the past ten years or so. She does not make it back to Idaho often, as her parents have been gone for many years. I knew her the minute I saw her, because that is how I remember her mother looking.Besides going to the temple, we have kept busy with a great garden. Right now tomatoes are coming on faster than I can keep up with them. I will dehydrate some this week. I have made lots of fresh salsa for the freezer. We eat tomato sandwiches every day. We love this time of year. Our apple tree is loaded, we will be pressing them for juice after a frost. We have a beautiful grape vine that we are snacking on. I will make juice and syrup after a frost, or the middle of September, which ever comes first. Our prize this year is a larger than large pumpkin. It is different from any pumpkin we have ever grown. It grew big with a white, soft shell, then turned yellow, then orangeish. I thought it was a summer squash, and ate some of them when smaller.
We look forward to hearing from more of you on our blog. This is a good tool for self-maintenance. We are personally responsible for our correspondence. I am grateful that Ross and Gwen set it up for us. I would like to hear from the nieces and nephews (and our children, too). We send our love to all of you.
LeAnn and Bob
No comments:
Post a Comment